Universal Bookkeeper is a proud partner with Gusto Payroll. As part of our Accounting and Bookkeeping services, we offer onboarding and training for small businesses to leverage Gusto as a means of DIY payroll for their staff.
Leveraging Gusto Payroll is a winning combination due to the smooth and seamless implementation into a small business’ technology stack. The Accountant in me thinks Gusto payroll makes it incredibly sexy to run payroll, and I stand by that. I know, I know….“payroll” and “sexy” are hardly used to describe each other but once you hear my reasoning, you just might feel the same way.
Here are reasons why I love it:
- The onboarding process is so smooth. When I have hired a new employee, I only need to add their Name, Email, and Pay Rate to get them set up. I can leverage the software to email my employee, who will then ask them to set up all of the demographics, direct deposit information, and tax forms automatically. This keeps me focused on what my business needs to do to move forward and not scrambling to get employee paperwork completed.
- The pricing is so transparent: $39 per month plus $6 per employee for their Core Plan. Need to figure out how much payroll is going to cost? You don’t have to make an awkward call to a salesman who is going to try to get you to upgrade to something that you don’t want or need.
- You only need to be able to run payroll and have all the tax filings completed for you. Other services will nickel and dime you like charging you EXTRA for direct deposit, extra for required tax filings, extra for overnight postage to get a paper check processed, and extra for when you make a mistake and need to run an Off Cycle payroll. And don’t kid yourself- payroll mistakes do happen.
- Gusto’s pricing is straight forward. Nothing extra for direct deposit, as many payrolls as you want to run each month, and the tax filings are automated and taken care of for you.
- Employees have a platform to see and adjust all their payroll information. Whenever an employee is set up in the system, they are able to get their own access to be able to see all of their electronic paystubs and W-2s – forever.
- Employees can also log in at their convenience to change their tax withholdings or to change the bank account that their checks are going to. The employee is in control rather than them relying on you to complete these updates and changes for them.
- The software syncs perfectly with QuickBooks Online. Now this is something that as an Accountant I hold to be very valuable. When you need to record payroll related expenses from an accounting standpoint, it is a very large journal entry which can be confusing to most small business owners that are doing it themselves. Gusto automates this transaction by automatically syncing the data to all of the correct accounts in your accounting software to streamline the process for 100% accuracy. Your accountant will love this.
Universal Bookkeeper is a Silver Partner Gusto provider. We are always trying to keep costs as low as possible for clients which is why our Payroll services revolve around teaching clients how to be in control and run their own payroll. No more calling in your hours, hoping that everything is processed correctly, and not knowing what it will cost each payroll run.
Our Payroll services will set up your payroll platform in Gusto, update your historical payroll information to ensure tax and W-2s are accurate, and will teach you how to run payroll yourself.
Our team will say: “If you can log into the system, type in hours for each of your employees, and press continue twice, you can run payroll”. The system will do the rest. After the system is set up, you pay for the Gusto plan that suits you, and Universal Bookkeeper is on-call for your support.
Talk to us about moving your payroll to Gusto and start enjoying the cost and efficiency savings that you deserve!